Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Hope!

I wrote a blog on stuff that I am extremely passionate about….sports, but will keep posting it for another day. Today is dedicated to revolutions …and the goose pimples that I got when I saw TV last night J.

 

Wow, what a groundswell I see in Mumbai! Is it because I am here in this city today and can feel its pulse or is it just another media hype. The former, I hope! 

 

I was swapping channels and saw Murli Deora saying that he was ashamed to be a politician. I saw Prakash Karat refusing to speak to the media and Preity Zinta saying that she was part of the protest rally not as a celebrity but as an ordinary citizen. Is this the best time to be an “Ordinary Citizen”? I hope!

 

Amidst all this can we find a Boris Yeltsin to stand up on that tank and inspire us or a Martin Luther  King to dream for us or a JP to dedicate a Sarvodaya to us? I hope!

 

The Quit India movement had to be sustained for 5 years before India got independent; it took the French revolution 10 years to succeed. Will the “Mumbai uprising” have the strength to sustain itself to its logical conclusion or we will all go back to our life-in-the-fast-lane focus of paying our bills, drop our kids to the school bus, make those sales presentations, beating this recession etc etc ? The former, I hope!

 

Who in me will win, Che Guevara or Cho Ramaswamy? The former, I hope!

 

Ps: I mean no disrespect to Cho Ramaswamy and love his sense of humor and power of articulation.

No comments: